Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
Makes 6 Servings
½ large onion
1 ½ tsp butter
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (10 ¾ ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
½ cup milk
½ cup chopped pimiento
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
6 frozen biscuits, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
2. Chop the onion. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion. Sauté until tender.
3. Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Sprinkle baked layer with ¾ cup of cheese. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately.